Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Who We Are


A joint effort between the Rotary Club of Wappingers Falls and the staff and residents of Elant of Wappingers, we are proud to announce that the world's first ELDERACT CLUB is here!

Elderact's humbel beginnings are described here by the Elant Wappingers Director of Social Work, Louise Quartuccio:
:The Elderact Initiation Ceremony was held at Elant At Wappingers Falls on August 27th. The Elderact Club had evolved from a conference I had atteneed back in October 2007. My son Daniel was the president of his Interact Class (Rotary Club youth Group)."

AFter Daniels' presentation I was asked if I had anything to add...I did note that they (Rotary Club) should take a look at the elderly in the community to see what needs could be met." "The birth of Elderact began"